Saturday, May 2, 2009

Meeting Minutes 4/26


Joan - collected dues. Joan to post on blog our current balance and dues info.
Tina - June house show postponed

Art Created:
Tina - Day of the Dead Boxes
Georgiana - Glass Wire Box
Joan - Paper beads

Paper beads - beaded curtains, lanyards, etc
Joan taught the group how to make the beads and we all created! Fun and beeautiful! Thanks Joan!

Next Meeting: ????

'Get Stoned' party at Tina's on Sunday, May 24th - still on???
- create paving stones for Casa de Luna entrance
- bring a paver and let's get wild :-)


Sunday, April 19, 2009

new item. i got a wire box from the thrift store, threaded wire with beads, and then soldered broken bottle glass to it.


Monday, April 6, 2009

hi all,

i took the shell we foiled together yesterday, foiled some glass nuggets, and soldered them together to create this piece. then i hung it in the middle of one of my planters. this is recycled and i love it!!!

thanks for the inspiration!

i also made a little video to explain how to get the foil to stick to the glass nuggets.
check it out on youtube:


Sunday, April 5, 2009

Meeting Notes April 5, 2009


Tina - reviewed last meeting minutes, collected dues. Joan to post on blog our current balance and dues info.
Tina - made business cards for beecause with her name. 500 for $7 from vista printing. others encouraged to make.
Tina - purses presented. continues to make with new design using washers, super cool!!!
Tina - letter for Betty Griffin House fundraiser - aiming for a fall event
Joan - presented her paper art pieces. Using newspaper color ads. Will have workshop next meeting to show us how to make. Request for cherry tomato containers. :-)
Georgiana - presented her portfolio of stained glass pieces. Presented idea to create a portolio of all of our art to have available, determine wants. Brought garden piece with recycled glass. Will have future workshop for glass/foiling.

- having a trunkshow in June, with any available inventory. Use to find the kinks in our process and to begin preparing for larger events.
- creating an 'assembly' line to produce inventory together as a whole. i.e. Joan's paper art, foiling glass for garden pieces, etc etc. Would invite all to create and produce pieces to sell.

Next meeting: Sunday, April 26th at 11:00am
- bring colored newspaper for Joan to teach us her craft, rolling papers

April 16th - Jewelry 101 Workshop
- bring $5

'Get Stoned' party at Tina's on Sunday, May 24th
- create paving stones for Casa de Luna entrance
- bring a paver and let's get wild :-)

anything i missed, please post!!!


Monday, March 30, 2009


"If you hear a voice within you say, 'You are not a painter,' then by all means paint…and that voice will be silenced." — Vincent Van Gogh

Jewelry 101 continues at 5:30 Thursday April 2nd. Bee-Cause regular meeting and potluck brunch Sunday April 5th 11:00 AM at the new Casa Del Luna Studios!!!
Looking forward to seeing all of you!

Tuesday, March 3, 2009


Here are the minuets from our last meeting on Sunday March 1st:Present were:Joan
The meeting its self was short. We discussed our finances and we had a total of $96.00
It breaks down to the following:
Jan 18th
Mary-$5.00 Georgiana-$5.00Rose-$5.00Paulette-$5.00Joan-$5.00Tina-$5.00

Feb 22nd
Mary-$5.00 Georgiana-$5.00Rose-$5.00Paulette-$5.00Joan-$5.00Tina-$5.00

$26.00 Donation for a total of 96.00

March 1st
Mary-$5.00 Georgiana-$5.00 Rose-$5.00 Paulette-$5.00 Joan-$5.00Tina-$5.00
24.00 went to Tina for cost of domain

We have set a goal to do a “Trunkshow” in June. This will give us time to create inventory and have a goal to work towards.

We ended the meeting and continued on with potluck and workshop on jewelry making.
Joan will post the recipe for the onion tart~
Everyone is a different level so we will have an optional “Beginners Jewelry 101 on Thursday Night March 12th. At 5:30 PM. I will have a specific project we will make. Covering the basics. A list of supplies will be provided next week.

As always call me with questions or concerns!

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

just finished a little angel to put on the rearview mirror of my car.


Monday, February 16, 2009

here is the garden piece. the wire and beads are not reused, but all the glass is from broken bottles.

i hung it from a shepard hook in the garden.

if you like and are interested this was not hard to do and didn't take that long.


Sunday, February 8, 2009


i'm asking for glass bottles please. breaking them is awesome! particularly colored glass bottles...i'm going to make a garden ornament as a test run.

also posting pics of the wrapped bottles. orange one is the champagne bottle, the blue one is a bath and body works plastic bottle! exciting to reuse that waste.
my artist date today was going to more string for bottles.

stopped at flea market....looking for ties. found only one! had a gross stain, did not get.

breaking wine bottles today and seeing what i can do with the glass.

for more on an artist date:


Tuesday, February 3, 2009


Thanks for all your work!

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Meeting Notes February 1, 2009

February 1, 2009

Beecause Meeting Notes









· (Joan) Artist’s Way discussion

o Tina buying 4 copies for members ($9.95/each)

· (Tina) Domain purchased

· Treasurer – Joan

o Collection of monies for domain name, meeting dues ($5/meeting)

· (Naorah) – logo updated and approved

· (Naorah) – trademark of ‘beecause’ and logo $87.50 each

o Decision to trademark the name first, logo later

o Naorah to gather paperwork

§ Need: 3 examples of use, who we are, business address

§ Using Paulette’s PO Box

§ Naorah will notarize with another person’s signature

§ Once submitted, expect quick turnaround

· (Tina) Selling of goods

o Gallery/store

§ Negative – commission

o House Parties

§ With a group that wants to do a fundraiser, can specify type of art

§ Hostess/host of party invites guest, we present and sell art and give 20% back to specified cause

§ Steve (Simple Gestures) will donate a night

§ Eventually contact Folio, Skirt, etc….

§ Ponte Vedra group for abused women

· Contact made by Tina when selling purse, woo!!!

§ ‘Gift’ for hostess/host – eg. Pin, button

· Next meeting will be a jewelry/accessory making workshop

o Bring materials and designs (buttons, beads, thrift store jewelry to disassemble, etc)

· (Georgiana) Keep an eye our for ties please

· Showcase of Tina and Ethel’s purses – we love them!

· Collect beach glass - future foiling workshop with glass

· Tax ID – Naorah and Georgiana to discuss and present group with different business type options

· (Joan) Artist Date – went to Hobby Lobby

· Joan to bring camera next meeting to take pictures

· Blog –

o to logon contact a member

o check blog for updates and ideas

o post Artist dates you have

· Next Meeting: February 22nd at 11am. Meeting first, then accessory workshop after


Just wanted to say THANKS for making concept a reality! I am sooooooo excited about this project!
PLEASE send me your phone numbers, emails address and birthday (oh just because) to my email address. I would like to make sure everyone has access to each other.
Thanks to Joan for becoming our new treasurer and Artist Way leader!
Here's to a creative and profitable year!

updated logo option

here's another version of the logo with some of the requested changes. sorry i haven't had more time over the past 2 weeks to make some more options. i'm also thinking about a beehive and a high heeled shoe. anyhow... let me know what you think. see you later today. -naorah

Trademark Registration

Hey ladies - here's the link to the document we need to fill out to register the trademark. I think we have to do 2 - one for beecause as the name of our company and another for the logo.

Trademark Registration Form

Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Artist Way

I can get the book The Artist Way through my bookclub for 9.95 no shipping charges.
Please let me know who wants one and I will order them!

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

For the record


there is a store in jacksonville that sells crafts made by local artists.

to keep in mind for the future when we expand. :-)



Hey Ladies!
Just a reminder that we have a bee-cause meeting at Casa de Tio Frijole on Sunday Feb 1st at 1:00 PM
I sold my first purse for $35.00 and I am going to give $5.oo to the cause!
We will need a treasure let me know if anyone is interested!
See you all on Sunday!

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

New Bags!

WOW! This is an addiction! Here are more bags Mom and I created today!

we now have a domain name

Hey Everyone!
Just to let you know we now have a domain name!!!!!!!
Its going to cost us $4.00 each. I had it registered as private.
Looking forward to making this an amazing project.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

New Feather bags!!

Okay we are on a roll! Here are a few more purses we made today!


Monday, January 19, 2009

hi...not to bee a buzz kill (haha) but i was showing my brother the blog (he's developing his own internet business at this time) and he says to watch out using have proprietary issues with their blogs....for example, the beecause logo. you know about this? not a big deal right now, but something to consider when we are global and taking over the free world with our cause.


Black Feather Bag

Here is a photo of the Black Feather Bag my Mom and I made today! Bag was a "found" treasure and we added the feathers!

tie purse


here is a picture of the tie purse....


Second Meeting

Hey Creative Ones!

First I want to thank all of you for your energy and positive feedback. We are well on our way to making this dream a reality! A year from now we will be looking back in amazement at how far we will have come in such a short time.Each one of you has so much to offer and I am so happy to be a part of this incredible and talented group!So here are the notes from yesterdays meeting:

Present were:






Naorah is working on tweaking the logo. She will post a few designs for us to choose from. So far we all LOVE the bee's face and the concept

!She is also going to get us paperwork for our FDIN#We have agreed to move forward with the Florida Trademark.

Naorah is also getting us paperwork for that too.She also gave us a tutorial on this Blog site!Please make sure everyone sets up a free G-Mail account so you can comment and post stuff!

THANK YOU for setting this up

Mary showed us the journal from the Women's Art group in Chicago and we have agreed that we want to look into making something similar. We LOVED the idea of a journal as opposed to a calendar. We all like the idea of making each cover of the journal different and possibly having a workshop to create the covers.Naorah is also checking into pricing! (damn Naorah is going to be busy!!)

Joan talked to her sister a CPA about the 501-C and we have agreed to table that until we are ready. Right now it looks like an unnecessary expence.Joan brought the Artists Way and we all would like to try and make that a part of our daily lives!We have agreed to writing 3 pages longhand everyday! Also to do an Artist Date once a week.

Georgiana showed us a bottle she made (loved it)and a book on crafts where she got some ideas. She shared her idea on a purse made with ties. We also discovered her talent for Stain Glass! I am also happy to say that starting next month she will be taking over the duties of secretary.THANK YOU!

We also discussed dues and have agreed on $5.00 per meeting(beginning next month) used as a fund for future expenses .

I checked into a domain name and is available for $14.99. We agreed I would go ahead and make the purchase. The cost will be $3.00 per person.

Our next meeting will be on Feb 1 and everyone is asked to bring $8.00.This is a community blog so I hope all of you take advantage of it by posting your pictures, ideas, needs and anything you would like to share!!

I would really like if each of us POSTED what you did on your Artist Dates!This would give everyone some ideas and hold us all accountable!

Here is to an exciting and profitable year!Why Bee-Cause we CAN!!


Sunday, January 18, 2009

thank you for an incredible meeting today! i look forward to working with all of you and making this dream come true. now back to wrapping a bottle in thread. ;-)


Saturday, January 17, 2009

Hey ladies!
I wanted to THANK YOU for your positive feedback concerning Bee-Cause. We will have another Sunday afternoon meeting. 1:00 PM here at Casa de Tio Frijoles on Sunday the 18th.
Please come prepared to share your ideas on how to proceed and any ideas on future projects.
Here is a brief overview of what we covered in the last meeting:

Joan is checking into the pros and cons of becoming a 501-C
She will also bring the Artist Way for discussion and possibly doing a group reading.

Naorah has set up a blog for us and will give us a tutorial. She is also checking into a copyright search. And is working on a logo. She also told us about a cool web site called

Sue is going to see if we can get the people from Rosa Loves to come talk to us.

We also discussed dues, websites, ideas, % of monies going to charities and what our vision and goals are for this very exciting group!

Our notes in the future will be available on the Blog site!

We also will have our first "swap" meet on sunday. If you have anything that you feel someone can use please bring it along! Like buttons, old jewelry, yarn, material etc. The swap meet will be AFTER the regular meeting.

So that's it in a nutshell! Let me know if you have any questions!
Feel free to pass this on to any like-minded women and anyone I (accidently) may have forgotten!


Bee-Cause mission statement:
A Co-Op of women artist dedicated to nurturing creativity and empowering women. Our goal is to use at least 85% recycled materials, saving the planet by adding less to landfills and helping women in our community.
Why Bee-Cause WE CAN!