Monday, February 16, 2009
Sunday, February 8, 2009
i'm asking for glass bottles please. breaking them is awesome! particularly colored glass bottles...i'm going to make a garden ornament as a test run.
also posting pics of the wrapped bottles. orange one is the champagne bottle, the blue one is a bath and body works plastic bottle! exciting to reuse that waste.
stopped at flea market....looking for ties. found only one! had a gross stain, did not get.
breaking wine bottles today and seeing what i can do with the glass.
for more on an artist date:
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Sunday, February 1, 2009
February 1, 2009
Beecause Meeting Notes
· (Joan) Artist’s Way discussion
o Tina buying 4 copies for members ($9.95/each)
· (Tina) Domain www.beecause.org purchased
· Treasurer – Joan
o Collection of monies for domain name, meeting dues ($5/meeting)
· (Naorah) – logo updated and approved
· (Naorah) – trademark of ‘beecause’ and logo $87.50 each
o Decision to trademark the name first, logo later
o Naorah to gather paperwork
§ Need: 3 examples of use, who we are, business address
§ Using Paulette’s PO Box
§ Naorah will notarize with another person’s signature
§ Once submitted, expect quick turnaround
· (Tina) Selling of goods
§ Negative – commission
o House Parties
§ With a group that wants to do a fundraiser, can specify type of art
§ Hostess/host of party invites guest, we present and sell art and give 20% back to specified cause
§ Steve (Simple Gestures) will donate a night
§ Eventually contact Folio, Skirt, etc….
§ Ponte Vedra group for abused women
· Contact made by Tina when selling purse, woo!!!
§ ‘Gift’ for hostess/host – eg. Pin, button
· Next meeting will be a jewelry/accessory making workshop
o Bring materials and designs (buttons, beads, thrift store jewelry to disassemble, etc)
· (Georgiana) Keep an eye our for ties please
· Showcase of Tina and Ethel’s purses – we love them!
· Collect beach glass - future foiling workshop with glass
· Tax ID – Naorah and Georgiana to discuss and present group with different business type options
· (Joan) Artist Date – went to Hobby Lobby
· Joan to bring camera next meeting to take pictures
· Blog – beecauseblog.blogspot.com
o to logon contact a member
o check blog for updates and ideas
o post Artist dates you have
· Next Meeting: February 22nd at 11am. Meeting first, then accessory workshop after
Just wanted to say THANKS for making concept a reality! I am sooooooo excited about this project!
PLEASE send me your phone numbers, emails address and birthday (oh just because) to my email address. I would like to make sure everyone has access to each other.
Thanks to Joan for becoming our new treasurer and Artist Way leader!
Here's to a creative and profitable year!